Progress Report: Learned how to do basic sharpening, including tools. Doing my own tool maintenance!!! Saving a fortune.
Progress Started: To achieve shave-sharpness with my carry knives on a waterstone.
New Goal: I would like to learn the fundamentals of blade sharpening for cooking knives, hunting knives, blades on a lawn mower etc.
New Goal: Learn how to propperly sharpen knives
Goal Completed: To learn how to be able to get a knife shaving sharp. Bought a lansky and I can get my Condor shaving sharp.
Goal Completed: Improve my blade sharpening skills. Must include axe sharpening too.
Progress Started: I started basic blade sharpening on my necropsy rotation and I would like to learn better sharpening technique, blade maintenance, and storage
Goal Completed: Learn how to use new blade sharpeners.
Goal Completed: There are many different ways to sharpen blades, but I will concentrate on two specific approaches: a traditional whetstone and the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker System.
* Purchase a quality whetstone by January 31, 2013
* Confirm location of my Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker System and Instruction DVD by January 15, 2013
* Rewatch Spyderco Instructional DVD by January 31, 2013
* Find and consume whetstone sharpening instruction by January 31, 2013
* Be able to sharpen all straight-blade knives (kitchen and pocket style) by February 28, 2013
* Be able to sharpen all serrated blade knives (kitchen and pocket style) by March 1
Goal Completed: Learn to sharpen knives, axes etc.